This week in AI & Machine Learning: Robot waiters, Facebook new AI chip, data management for drug discovery, introducing TensorFlow similarity detection, PT-4 will have 100 trillion parameters, and more!
My Top AI Highlight
Robots Gain a Place in the Front of the House
With more restaurants facing worker shortages and employees taking on more work, the timing might be right for robot servers to gain traction.
When people hear about service automation they tend to think that it will create a dystopian feeling dining experience without human interaction. But in most cases the server robots only take over tasks that don’t take away from the dining experience, such as running food and dishes from the kitchen to the tables allowing the human servers to be more attentive to their guests!
Checkout some of the service robots from Richtech Robotics and how they use computer vision to navigate complex environments.
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- How AI simplifies data management for drug discovery
- GSK teams with King’s College to use AI to fight cancer
- How Square Is Using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to Improve Cash App
- AI Can Help Address Inequity — If Companies Earn Users’ Trust
- Facebook developing machine learning chip — The Information
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Intro to Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs)
- Introducing TensorFlow Similarity
- How Waze Uses TFX to Scale Production-Ready ML
- Toward Fast and Accurate Neural Networks for Image Recognition
- Revisiting Mask-Head Architectures for Novel Class Instance Segmentation
- GPT-4 Will Have 100 Trillion Parameters — 500x the Size of GPT-3
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Douglas Lenat: Cyc and the Quest to Solve Common Sense Reasoning in AI
- GANTheftAuto: Harrison Kinsley on AI-Generated Gaming Environments
- Generating SQL [Database Queries] from Natural Language with Yanshuai Cao
- Social Commonsense Reasoning with Yejin Choi
- Trends in data labeling
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Augmenting Decision Making via Interactive What-If Analysis
- ReasonBERT: Pre-trained to Reason with Distant Supervision
- LibFewShot: A Comprehensive Library for Few-shot Learning
- Legal Transformer Models May Not Always Help
- Image Shape Manipulation from a Single Augmented Training Sample
- Multimodal Federated Learning