This week in AI & Machine Learning: Tesla AI day, real-time tactile control for robotics, how AI is changing the world for the better, DALL·E mini, the future of robotic farming and more!
AI & Machine Learning Stories:
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Inflatable robotic hand gives amputees real-time tactile control
- From health care to infrastructure, how AI is changing the world for the better
- BeingAI unveils human-like AI character named Zbee
- How Google’s self-driving car project accidentally spawned its robotic delivery rival
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Scalable Interactive and Practical Tools for Secure and Interpretable AI (August 23–7:00 pm)
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (August 25–5:30 pm PDT)
- TransformX AI Conference 2021 (October 6–8:00 am PDT)
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Applications of Variational Autoencoders and Bayesian Optimization with José Miguel Hernández Lobato
- A Social Scientist’s Perspective on AI with Eric Rice
- NLP to help pregnant mothers in Kenya
- Josh Lessing on AppHarvest and the future of robotic farming
📄 Notable Papers:
- Do Vision Transformers See Like Convolutional Neural Networks?
- Program Synthesis with Large Language Models
- Image2Lego: Customized LEGO Set Generation from Images
See you next week!