This week in AI & Machine Learning: OpenAI’s Codux, AI for livestock management, more AI-designed chips, robots making french fries, a new benchmark for open-world object segmentation, and more!
Top AI Highlight this Week:
OpenAI Codex for Programming
OpenAI released a new tool called Codex that can translate English into code! Codux is built with OpenAI’s GPT-3 model, just like github’s copilot that came out earlier this year with some similar capabilities.
Checkout the full announcement and demo below:
More AI & Machine Learning Stories:
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Samsung Has Its Own AI-Designed Chip. Soon, Others Will Too
- Machine learning discovers new sequences to boost drug delivery
- Amid the Labor Shortage, Robots Step in to Make the French Fries
- AI could detect dementia years before symptoms appear
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- How Digitec Galaxus trains and serves millions of personalized newsletters per week with TFX
- TensorFlow 2.6.0 rRelease
- Introducing Unidentified Video Objects, a new benchmark for open-world object segmentation
- SoundStream: An End-to-End Neural Audio Codec
- What is Optical Character Recognition (OCR)?
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Jules Anh Tuan Nguyen Explains How AI Lets Amputee Control Prosthetic Hand, Video Games
- Fei-Fei Li on revolutionizing AI for the real world
- Codex, OpenAI’s Automated Code Generation API with Greg Brockman
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis with Rose Yu
- Successful AI Projects and AI Startups
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Mobile-Former: Bridging MobileNet and Transformer
- MicroNet: Improving Image Recognition with Extremely Low FLOPs
- NeuralMVS: Bridging Multi-View Stereo and Novel View Synthesis
- Bird’s-Eye-View Panoptic Segmentation Using Monocular Frontal View Images
See you next week!