This week in AI & Machine Learning: OpenAI’s Codux, AI for livestock management, more AI-designed chips, robots making french fries, a new benchmark for open-world object segmentation, and more!
Plainsight was featured in the official blogs for both NVIDIA and Google Cloud! We also announced we’re joining the NVIDIA Metropolis program. Check out the links below:
- Cattle-ist for the Future: Plainsight Revolutionizes Livestock Management with AI
- Businesses realize the full value of visual data using Plainsight Vision AI on Google Cloud
- Plainsight Joins NVIDIA Metropolis to Expand Availability of Faster and More Accessible Vision AI
Top AI Highlight this Week:
OpenAI Codex for Programming
OpenAI released a new tool called Codex that can translate English into code! Codux is built with OpenAI’s GPT-3 model, just like github’s copilot that came out earlier this year with some similar capabilities.
Checkout the full announcement and demo below:
More AI & Machine Learning Stories:
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Samsung Has Its Own AI-Designed Chip. Soon, Others Will Too
- Machine learning discovers new sequences to boost drug delivery
- Amid the Labor Shortage, Robots Step in to Make the French Fries
- AI could detect dementia years before symptoms appear
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- How Digitec Galaxus trains and serves millions of personalized newsletters per week with TFX
- TensorFlow 2.6.0 rRelease
- Introducing Unidentified Video Objects, a new benchmark for open-world object segmentation
- SoundStream: An End-to-End Neural Audio Codec
- What is Optical Character Recognition (OCR)?
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- AutoML Conference 2021 (August 15 11:00 pm PDT)
- CHIP — A Robot to Ensure Public Safety and Health (August 18 7:00 pm PDT)
- Scalable Interactive and Practical Tools for Secure and Interpretable AI (August 23 7:00 pm)
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (August 25 5:30 pm PDT)
- TransformX AI Conference 2021 (October 6 8:00 am PDT)
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Jules Anh Tuan Nguyen Explains How AI Lets Amputee Control Prosthetic Hand, Video Games
- Fei-Fei Li on revolutionizing AI for the real world
- Codex, OpenAI’s Automated Code Generation API with Greg Brockman
- Spatiotemporal Data Analysis with Rose Yu
- Successful AI Projects and AI Startups
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Mobile-Former: Bridging MobileNet and Transformer
- MicroNet: Improving Image Recognition with Extremely Low FLOPs
- NeuralMVS: Bridging Multi-View Stereo and Novel View Synthesis
- Bird’s-Eye-View Panoptic Segmentation Using Monocular Frontal View Images
🐘 About the Author & Plainsight:
- Sage Elliott is a Developer Evangelist at Plainsight & passionate about making AI more approachable. Connect with Sage on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Plainsight’s vision AI platform streamlines the end-to-end machine learning process. From data annotation through deployment, customers quickly create and successfully operationalize their own vision AI applications to solve highly diverse business challenges. Join the conversation on Slack.
See you next week!