This week in AI & Machine Learning: Why you should want driverless cars now, NVIDIA’s new Alias Free GAN, AI for agricultural in Washington, Triton GPU programming, and much more!
We’re excited to announce that Plainsight is now on Google Cloud MarketPlace!
“Enterprises Can Now Easily Deploy End-to-End Vision AI to Private Clouds to Realize the Full Value of Their Video and Other Visual Data for Accurate, Actionable, Insights Across Diverse Use Cases”
Top AI Highlights this Week :
Derek Muller (a.k.a Veritasium) explores why how close we are to having fully autonomous vehicles become mainstream on the roads, and if they’re safer than human driven vehicles.
This video shows Waymo’s (Google’s) self-driving car progress and brings up some great questions about the future of the self-driving industry.
More AI & Machine Learning Stories:
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Star Wars effects company ILM hires Mandalorian deepfaker
- Will Self-driving Ride-share Scooters be coming soon?
- Computer Vision and the Olympic Games
- Mapping Africa’s Buildings with Satellite Imagery
- Washington State to Develop AI for Agricultural Challenges
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Introducing Triton: Open-Source GPU Programming for Neural Networks
- Introducing droidlet, a one-stop shop for modularly building intelligent agents
- Federated learning: Basics and application to the mobile keyboard (ML Tech Talks)
- Advances in TF-Ranking
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Beam Summit for Data and Stream Processing (August 4–8:00 am PDT)
- End-to-end machine learning on images (August 5 1:00 pm PDT)
- Data-centric AI: Real World Approaches (August 11–10:00 am PDT)
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Matt Ginsberg Built a GPU-Powered Crossword Solver to Take on Top Word Nerds
- Fairness and Robustness in Federated Learning with Virginia Smith
- Constraint Active Search for Human-in-the-Loop Optimization with Gustavo Malkomes
- Building a data team with Practical AI
- Chris Urmson on Aurora and the future of autonomous vehicles
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Learning with Noisy Labels for Robust Point Cloud Segmentation
- A Unified Efficient Pyramid Transformer for Semantic Segmentation
- ReFormer: The Relational Transformer for Image Captioning
- MFAGAN: A Compression Framework for Memory-Efficient On-Device Super-Resolution GAN
- Human-Level Reinforcement Learning through Theory-Based Modeling, Exploration, and Planning
- Federated Learning Meets Natural Language Processing: A Survey
🐘 About the Author & Plainsight:
- Sage Elliott is a Developer Evangelist at Plainsight & passionate about making AI more approachable. Connect with Sage on Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Plainsight provides custom enterprise AI solutions, end-to-end machine learning lifecycle management, and fast data annotation for computer vision. Join the conversation on Slack.
See you next week!