This week in AI & Machine Learning: Transforming agriculture, AI voice actors, robots walking, TensorFlow 2.6.0, 3D object detection, and more!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- AI now enables robots to adapt rapidly to changing real world conditions ← Facebook AI and other researches show off Rapid Motor Adaptation (RMA). A new way for legged robots to learn how to navigate complex environments.
- AI voice actors sound more human than ever — and they’re ready to hire
- Artificial intelligence ‘transformative’ for the future of ag ← Last week we posted about robots and computer vision for picking strawberries, but the whole agricultural space in general will likely be changed by AI.
- Artificial Intelligence used on Army operation for the first time
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- TensorFlow 2.6.0 Release ← Some breaking changes, improvements and new features to check out.
- Auto training and fast deployment for state-of-the-art NLP models
- Some Experiments using GitHub Copilot with Python ← This contains some fun examples of how well copilot works for various tasks.
- How to Train a BERT Model From Scratch
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Anca Dragan on why Asimov’s three laws of robotics need updating
- The Future of Human-Machine Interaction with Dan Bohus and Siddhartha Sen
- Vector Quantization for NN Compression with Julieta Martinez