This week in AI & Machine Learning: robots picking strawberries, GitHub Copilot, data augmentation in TensorFlow, deploy ML pipelines, why VCs are investing record amounts into AI startups, and more!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Microsoft-Owned GitHub Is Trying To Read Software Developers’ Minds With AI ← You can join the waiting list for GitHub Copilot here. Do you think it will change the way developers program software?
- Soft Robotics raises another $10M, citing pandemic-related demand ← Both of these last two stories show how much interest there is in using robots to perform more complicated tasks!
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Quickly Training Game-Playing Agents with Machine Learning “One of the most fundamental challenges in applying ML to game development is bridging the chasm between the simulation-centric world of video games and the data-centric world of ML.”
- Build, Train, and Deploy ML Pipelines using BERT ← The latest course from deeplearning.ai is out on Coursera!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Segmentation with Multiple Acceptable Annotations: A Case Study of Myocardial Segmentation in Contrast Echocardiography