This week in AI & Machine Learning: Cattle tracking with computer vision & blockchain, fruit picking robots, GPT-Neo, simulation to real world transfer learning, building object detection models and more!
It’s a new month! This means I’ll be teaching another set of live workshops!
June 30th at 5:30pm PDT: Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets. This is a great place to learn how to solve problems with computer vision by creating your own models and datasets!
I also have multiple dates and times for Data Annotation for Computer Vision & AI-Powered Labeling LIVE Demos! If you’re already familiar with creating models but want to learn how to label datasets faster, this is for you! I will answer questions about the Sense AI Platform and talk about upcoming features to make machine learning easier!
I hope to see some of you there!
You can try out Sense Data Annotation free to experience the future of computer vision with AI-Powered labeling features!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Leading Technology Providers To Launch Industry’s First Cattle Tracking NFT At Live Event ← Holy Cow! Check out this post and event to learn about tracking cattle on the blockchain with facial recognition!
- Memo Outlines DOD Plans for Responsible Artificial Intelligence
- Ripe Robotics starts trials with fruit picking robot Eve ← This robot is ready to be hired to pick your fruit. You can see a video of it in action here.
- How Calm is using machine learning to keep us all mellow
- China’s gigantic multi-modal AI is no one-trick pony ← Trained on 1.75 trillion parameter vs the 175 billion parameters in GPT-3!
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- The FLORES-101 data set: Helping build better translation systems around the world
- Toward Generalized Sim-to-Real Transfer for Robot Learning ← So cool seeing transfer learning from virtual environments to the real world improve. These examples and visuals are neat!
- PyTorch builds the future of AI and machine learning at Facebook
- Few-shot learning in practice: GPT-Neo and the Huggingface Accelerated Inference API ← This is a great post If you’ve been wanting to get started with GPT-Neo.
- Hyperparameter tuning for Deep Learning with scikit-learn, Keras, and TensorFlow
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Group Anomaly Detection with Machine Learning (Jun 7–10:00 am PDT)
- Anaconda Con 2021 (June 9 2021) ← For the list of sessions and times you can visit here.
- Data Annotation for Computer Vision & AI-Powered Labeling LIVE Demo (June 16–5:00pm PDT) “Learn computer vision data annotation techniques for object detection, instance segmentation, classification, and feature point clustering.”
- Delight: An Improved Apache Spark UI, Free and Cross-Platform (Jun 21–12:00 pm PDT)
- Data Annotation for Computer Vision & AI-Powered Labeling LIVE Demo (June 23–10:00 am PDT)
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (June 30–5:30 pm PDT): ← I’ll be teaching this, so come say hi and ask questions!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Getting Clever with Kaolin: Researchers Accelerate 3D Deep Learning with New Tools
- The fastest way to build ML-powered apps
- Mike Schuster on whether AI can help hedge fund investors to beat the market?
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- DynamicViT: Efficient Vision Transformers with Dynamic Token Sparsification
- Not All Images are Worth 16×16 Words: Dynamic Vision Transformers with Adaptive Sequence Length
- SegFormer: Simple and Efficient Design for Semantic Segmentation with Transformers
- Feature extraction and evaluation for BioMedical Question Answering
- Decision Transformer: Reinforcement Learning via Sequence Modeling
- You Only Look at One Sequence: Rethinking Transformer in Vision through Object Detection
🤝 Connect with AI practitioners of all levels
- Stay connected with artificial intelligence and machine learning practitioners around the world! Slack Group | LinkedIn Group | Meetup Group