This week in AI & Machine Learning: Google’s next gen AI chip, Facebook unsupervised speech recognition, pizza robots, TensorFlow Lite for Microcontrollers, and more!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Google Launches the next generation of custom AI chips ← Another huge advancement in computing chips for artificial intelligence! Google had a lot to announce this week at Google IO 2021. You can read a list of the biggest announcements here.
- Facebook AI cuts by more than half the error rate of unsupervised speech recognition
- The Navy sub commanded by artificial intelligence ← We’ve seen a lot of AI examples piloting aircraft, but not many controlling large submarines!
- Why federated learning is the right solution for healthcare AI ← Federated learning seems like it could be the future of data for healthcare applications! Openmined has been doing a lot of work in this field. I welcome you to check them out.
- Artificial Intelligence: How Non-Tech Firms Can Benefit
- Slicing up Pizza Robots
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Hyperparameter tuning with scikit-learn and Python
- TensorFlow Lite for Microcontrollers ← I’m excited to get these new examples on a raspberry pi pico!
- High Fidelity Pose Tracking with MediaPipe BlazePose and TensorFlow.js
- Building with the Responsible AI Toolkit ← A useful new toolkit from google to explore your datasets.
- TensorFlow Forum ← TensorFlow now officially has a forum!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Sam Harris: Consciousness, Free Will, Psychedelics, AI, UFOs, and Meaning
- AI Researcher James Kahn Explains Deep Learning’s Collision Course with Particle Physics
- Using AI to Map the Human Immune System with Jabran Zahid
- Learning Long-Time Dependencies with RNNs w/ Konstantin Rusch
- Peter Chen on building brains for robots in the real world
- Apache TVM and OctoML
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Differentiable SLAM-net: Learning Particle SLAM for Visual Navigation
- Style-Restricted GAN: Multi-Modal Translation with Style Restriction Using Generative Adversarial Networks
- Self-Supervised Learning for Fine-Grained Visual Categorization
- Rethinking the Design Principles of Robust Vision Transformer
- Divide and Contrast: Self-supervised Learning from Uncurated Data
- Omnimatte: Associating Objects and Their Effects in Video
Plainsight provides the unique combination of AI strategy, a vision AI platform, and deep learning expertise to develop, implement, and oversee transformative computer vision solutions for enterprises. Through the widest breadth of managed services and a vision AI platform for centralized processes and standardized pipelines, Plainsight makes computer vision repeatable and accountable across all enterprise vision AI initiatives. Plainsight solves problems where others have failed and empowers businesses across industries to realize the full potential of their visual data with the lowest barriers to production, fastest value generation, and monitoring for long-term success. For more information, visit plainsight.ai.