This week in AI & Machine Learning: Facebook AI predicts effective drug combinations, Microsoft acquires Nuance, MobileNet v3, applied ML summit, MLOps for Renewable Energy, and more!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Facebook AI predicts effective drug combinations to fight complex diseases faster
- Microsoft acquires Nuance for $19.7B ← Microsoft is planning to acquire this speech recognition company to increase their presence in healthcare!
- Cruise’s head of artificial intelligence wants the autonomous-car startup to be defined by its AI innovation
- Europe eyes strict rules for artificial intelligence “The European Union wants to avoid the worst of what artificial intelligence can do”
- Artificial Intelligence And The Internet Of Things (AIoT) Hold The Promise Of A More Connected Future
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- MobileNet v3 is now on TensorFlow hub ← If you use tensorflow, you can now easily get MobileNet v3 into your projects!
- Scikit-learn now has a MOOC made by its developers ← this is looking like it will be a great machine learning resource.
- OpenCV Haar Cascades
- What Is a Gradient in Machine Learning?
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Inclusive Design for Seeing AI with Saqib Shaikh
- AutoML for Natural Language Processing with Abhishek Thakur
- MLOps for Renewable Energy
- Going full bore with Graphcore!
- Cade Metz talks about how AI took over the world
- How to Build a Data Science Culture | John K Thompson
- An interview with Gary Song, deep learning practitioner at Unity Technologies
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- MobileStyleGAN: A Lightweight Convolutional Neural Network for High-Fidelity Image Synthesis
- GANcraft: Unsupervised 3D Neural Rendering of Minecraft Worlds
- Self-supervised Video Object Segmentation by Motion Grouping
- LocalViT: Bringing Locality to Vision Transformers
- Epigenetic evolution of deep convolutional models
- Object-Centric Representation Learning for Video Question Answering