This week in AI & Machine Learning: Facebook AI predicts effective drug combinations, Microsoft acquires Nuance, MobileNet v3, applied ML summit, MLOps for Renewable Energy, and more!
If you’re interested in learning about computer vision or building labeled datasets for object detection, checkout my upcoming workshop: Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets. I hope to see you there!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Facebook AI predicts effective drug combinations to fight complex diseases faster
- Microsoft acquires Nuance for $19.7B ← Microsoft is planning to acquire this speech recognition company to increase their presence in healthcare!
- Cruise’s head of artificial intelligence wants the autonomous-car startup to be defined by its AI innovation
- Europe eyes strict rules for artificial intelligence “The European Union wants to avoid the worst of what artificial intelligence can do”
- Artificial Intelligence And The Internet Of Things (AIoT) Hold The Promise Of A More Connected Future
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- MobileNet v3 is now on TensorFlow hub ← If you use tensorflow, you can now easily get MobileNet v3 into your projects!
- Scikit-learn now has a MOOC made by its developers ← this is looking like it will be a great machine learning resource.
- OpenCV Haar Cascades
- What Is a Gradient in Machine Learning?
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Emerging Stronger with IoT by creating a solution blueprint that VCs will love (Apr 20–9am PST) ← The CEO of Sixgill is talking at this event!
- Accelerate Analytics and AI with Graph Algorithms (Apr 21–23)
- PyTorch Ecosystem Day (Apr 21–8:00am PST)
- The Applied ML Summit (Apr 21–9:00am PST) “This is a two-day, free virtual interactive event on data engineering for applied machine learning.”
- Collaborative Robotics 2021 — New Systems, Applications and Opportunities (Apr 21–11am PST)
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (Apr 28–5:30pm PST): ← I’ll be teaching this, so come say hi!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Inclusive Design for Seeing AI with Saqib Shaikh
- AutoML for Natural Language Processing with Abhishek Thakur
- MLOps for Renewable Energy
- Going full bore with Graphcore!
- Cade Metz talks about how AI took over the world
- How to Build a Data Science Culture | John K Thompson
- An interview with Gary Song, deep learning practitioner at Unity Technologies
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- MobileStyleGAN: A Lightweight Convolutional Neural Network for High-Fidelity Image Synthesis
- GANcraft: Unsupervised 3D Neural Rendering of Minecraft Worlds
- Self-supervised Video Object Segmentation by Motion Grouping
- LocalViT: Bringing Locality to Vision Transformers
- Epigenetic evolution of deep convolutional models
- Object-Centric Representation Learning for Video Question Answering
🤝 Connect with AI practitioners of all levels
- Stay connected with artificial intelligence and machine learning practitioners around the world! Slack Group | LinkedIn Group