This week in AI & Machine Learning: Robotic farming, Intel ML chips, legal contract understanding, deep learning for drug discovery & more
Hello everyone, you’ll notice the format of this weekly AI post has changed. I hope you’ll find this new format useful!
If you’re looking to get started in computer vision, join me at this free hands-on workshop on March 24th at 10:00am PST. We’ll cover industry computer vision applications, building your own datasets, and how to train models for object detection. Click here to reserve your spot.
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- EU Project Robs4Crops to Accelerate Shift Towards Robotics ← A really cool post on the current landscape of robotic farming applications and how Robs4Crops is accelerating robot adoption in the agriculture space.
- Facebook’s Next Big AI Project is Training its Machines on Users’ Public Videos
- Intel Works with Deci to Speed Up Machine Learning on its Chips ← The machine learning chip news just keeps coming!
- Hugging Face raises $40 million for its natural language processing library
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Contract Understanding Atticus Dataset ← Over 13,000 annotations from legal experts for hundreds of legal contracts!
- Announcing: TorchMetrics V0.2 ← a collection of PyTorch metric implementations from PyTorch Lightning.
- A New Lens on Understanding Generalization in Deep Learning
- Fine-Tune XLSR-Wav2Vec2 for Low-Resource ASR with Hugging Face Transformers
- LEAF: A Learnable Frontend for Audio Classification
- Defending against adversarial image attacks with Keras and TensorFlow
📅 Upcoming Online AI & Data Science Events:
- Practical Approaches for Efficient Hyperparameter Optimization (Mar 16, 10:00AM PST)
- Adversarial Attacks on Machine Learning Models (Mar 17, 07:00PM PST)
- Deep Dive Deep Learning Infrastructure with Lambda Labs (Mar 22, 07:00PM PST)
- Intro to Computer Vision: Building Object Detection Models and Datasets (Mar 24, 10:00am PST) ← I’m teaching this. Come say hello!
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews:
- Translating PhD Research into ML Applications | SuperDataScience
- Deep Learning Technology for Drug Discovery | Practical AI
- Architectural and Organizational Patterns in Machine Learning with Nishan Subedi | TWiML
- Robust Visual Reasoning with Adriana Kovashka | TWiML ← visual commonsense research is super interesting!
📄 Notable Research Papers:
- Deep Active Shape Model for Face Alignment and Pose Estimation in Mobile Environment
- Challenges for Reinforcement Learning in Healthcare
- CUAD: An Expert-Annotated NLP Dataset for Legal Contract Review
- A Crash Course on Reinforcement Learning
- Deep Generative Modelling: A Comparative Review of VAEs, GANs, Normalizing Flows, Energy-Based and Autoregressive Models
🤝 Connect with AI Practitioners of All Levels
- Stay connected with artificial intelligence and machine learning practitioners around the world! Slack Group |LinkedIn Group