This week in AI & Machine Learning: The last roundup of the year with 2021 highlights, Combating patient loneliness with AI, AI Dungeon’s creators are launching a new platform, massive-scale machine vision and more!
This will be the last AI roundup of 2021. The Plainsight team will be taking some time off for the holidays, but we’ll return to our weekly posting in the first week of the new year with a lot more AI content.
Since it’s a short week and a slower time for industry news I’ve included some of my top highlights from the last year.
Some of My Top 2021 AI Highlights:
Our post on how vision AI can be used to prevent damage and contamination by detecting unwanted material during processing and manufacturing got some great press. Including a large segment on The Next Byte Podcast!
🤖 Artificial Intelligence News:
- Combating patient loneliness through conversational AI
- McDonald’s sells AI tech firm Dynamic Yield to Mastercard
- How to keep the ‘human’ in human resources with AI-based tools
- AI Dungeon’s creators are launching an experimental AI-powered game platform
🛠️ Developer Tools & Education:
- Introducing TorchVision’s New Multi-Weight Support API
- Choose an object detection model architecture for Raspberry Pi
- Torch Hub Series #1: Introduction to Torch Hub
🎤 Interesting Podcasts & Interviews
- Deep Learning, Transformers, and the Consequences of Scale with Oriol Vinyals
- Fusion Energy, Cancer Proteomics, and Massive-Scale Machine Vision