Read What Our Customers Are Saying
Derek Vote – Meat Scientist
“We were amazed at the speed at which Plainsight’s vision AI achieved a very accurate solution in all conditions, saving us significant resources, time and money. We’re now rolling out their AI solution across multiple locations.”
Meat Scientist at JBS USA
“Manual cattle counting is extremely challenging because it’s prone to inaccuracies, and environmental factors add even more complexity and unpredictability. After trying to automate our counting processes using computer vision with other vendors, we were unable to reach the accuracy levels we needed to make this technology operationally viable.
We turned to Plainsight, and they responded with custom models and a complete AI platform for end-to-end computer vision. We were amazed at the speed at which Plainsight’s vision AI achieved a very accurate solution in all conditions, saving us significant resources, time and money. We’re now rolling out their AI solution across multiple locations.”
Dr. Kyle Coble
Director of Nutrition Services at JBS USA
“Counting newly weaned pigs who are small in size yet large in activity can be challenging. As a result, the need for automating critical production tasks has long been needed and desired – yet producers have been waiting years for the right technology to arrive. When AI started becoming a reality in animal agriculture, we were hopeful this solution would be created.
Expecting the procedures and efforts to require many months of dedication to the project, we were amazed that in just 8 weeks we had an in-place vision AI solution that was tailored to our operation – and the accuracy was there. Our team worked closely with Plainsight throughout the process to customize the AI pig counting solution to our needs. Plainsight listened and delivered.”
There’s more to the story!
Check out NVIDIA’s blog post about our work for JBS and our innovation, from farming through protein production.
High-Value Use Case Examples
Precision Livestock Counting
Leverage high-accuracy, field-proven methodologies with Plainsight’s patent-pending technology and edge computing efficiency to eliminate error-prone manual livestock inventory. If desired, our experts will tailor your counting models to:
- Monitor transport on- & off-loading, feedlot entries/exits
- Automate animal detection & livestock counts across multiple locations
- Integrate insights into operational/financial systems
- Digitize existing receiving process & curate auditable data records
- Re-allocate staff to support other functions
- Easily operationalize repeatable solutions at scale
Harvesting & Processing Quality Assurance
Implement vision-based best practices to ensure quality and safety of produce with accuracy and efficiency.
- Detect real-time hazards such as foreign objects from production environments, equipment or inputs due to human handling
- Monitor process & safety adherence
- Automate alerts to potential risks & contaminants
- Create visual data records for traceability & remediation
Fruits & Vegetables Ripeness Detection
Automate the detection and evaluation of fruit and vegetable maturation to enhance genetics, growing, and QA/QC processes.
- Inspect & measure levels/grades of vision-derivable characteristics including: Size, shape, firmness color, bruising, brix (fruit flavor, sweetness, etc), overall condition
- Monitor variations to determine seasonal, environmental, varietal, or management factors
- Assist genetic selection for high quality & longer shelf life
Livestock Health Monitoring
Understand the health of individual animals and livestock populations with continuous visual data-driven insights. Predict and intervene with early detection and accurate response.
- Monitor & track livestock feeding & care
- Evaluate animal health by gait & size
- Identify cattle for health data via facial recognition, and combine with biometrics, & genetic data
- Detect visual indications of disease with monitoring for skin, behavioral abnormalities
Crop Management & Risk Recognition
Improve knowledge and productivity with vision AI-based accuracy to solve problems before large-scale damage is done, ensuring consistent high-quality operations and high-yield production.
- Inventory plant population & measure volume
- Gauge crop health & productivity
- Capture plant color, shape, & texture
- Automate early detection & measure plant stress, disease, damage
- Identify weeds, invasive species, & pests
Product Grading & QA/QC Packaging
Transform your organization’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction with vision AI-driven automation, monitoring, and tracking of grading and packaging.
- Use curated visual data to train models fine tuned to meet quality standards & regulations
- Analyze imagery & video to grade quality of products
- Ensure product packing & labeling is defect- & error-free
- Evaluate package characteristics: food type, grade, item count, day/time
- Obtain continuous insights & early alerts for issue remediation
- Create visual data records for compliance auditing & traceability
Slash your time to vision AI automation. Deploy in days, not months.
Plainsight works flexibly with existing (or new) video cameras and can integrate with existing farm and livestock operations and management systems.
Plainsight continuously detects and monitors objects, situations, behaviors and events to significantly reduce costs and inaccuracies of manual processes.
Plainsight provides greater insights into farming assets and livestock with accurate and consistent analysis and real-time data logging and notifications.
Schedule Time to Speak with Us
We help you implement vision AI to solve today’s challenges and create innovative solutions for a successful future.
We look forward to speaking with you in detail about your projects and needs. Schedule time to speak with us to discuss the ways we can help.